I have decided that I need to reconsider they way I’m doing my Monday posts. First off there is just too much clutter. I think I’ll create a post of each project that I’ll link to for the basic information about my current projects. Then I think I’ll rate my progress with + for good, 0 for neutral, and – no progress. Finally I’ve got to be more focused on the goals I make. I’m going to try printing out my post and refer to it every morning. These goals and getting lost in the midst of my daily to do list.
Evaluate Goals for last week:
- Finish Mother’s Day Project: (0) my mom loved her “infographic”, Annette will gather info for me and then I will pick this project back up again. I already have her frame. This project on hold until I hear from Annette.
- Continue transcribing Key West audio tape: (-) no progress, procrastination troubles.
- Improvements to my Blog site: thoughts on this but no work. (0) I’m happy with the posts I’ve got done and I spent 2 hours helping my friend with getting her blog started.
Progress on projects not on my goal list:
- First illustration from Kim. (she is now working on the fog off Newfoundland image.
- Today finished the last edits for Martin’s Cove Journal
The harsh reality is that I’m not spending enough time working on my projects. I’m letting too many things distract me from what I really want to do. Even with a new puppy I’ve got to find a way to make this happen. Realistically the next two weeks are crazy. We are doing Wood Badge training all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week and next. So that takes half my week right there. The training is supposed to be really good and hopefully I’ll learn some thing that I can apply to being more effective with my time.
Goals for this week:
- Write blog posts ahead for Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Put Key West slides on to DVD for my dad
- Post to link to about each of my projects
- Work on Mary text (take to Wood Badge)
- Evaluate new approach at the end of the week
Wish me luck. I’m going to need it.