I’m finally admitting to myself that my allergies have spawned a cold, but I don’t want to miss another post of doing story projects. So here is a link to some detailed information on doing an oral history project on the Library of Congress’s American Folklife Center.
Here is a brief outline of the planning part:
- Determine the goals of the project.
- Learn about the work that is required for a typical oral history project.
- Determine the scope of the project.
- Conduct preliminary research.
- Determine who will work on the project.
- Determine what will happen to the recordings and other documentary materials after the project comes to an end.
- Create a release form.
- Determine what equipment, supplies and other resources are needed.
- Develop a timetable for the project.
- Develop a budget.
- Identify sources of funds.