Today I want to check the top priority projects now on my plate, report the progress I made last week and make goals about what I want to do in the coming week.
In the Navy – Key West Chapter: project about my dad’s 20 years in the U.S. Navy. The priority is the chapter on Key West so he can pass it on to the Under Water Swimmer School website to include in their history page.
Due Date: asap
- Listen to audio tape & transcribe
- Gather photos and documents
I didn’t get anything done on this last week.
Journal for Martin’s Cove Reunion: a half sheet size journal to help make the trek experience at Martin’s Cove more meaningful. Have time line of handcart company with info about Mary Taylor and her family along with space for journaling and possible adding photos or sketches.
Due Date: July 2012
- Template and master pages
- Time Line
- Quotes from Journals etc.
- Decide on Binding
- Logo for Reunion
No progress to report from last week.
Mary: a small (7×7) book about Mary Taylor’s childhood and her journey to the Salt Lake Valley with the Martin Handcart Company for children under 12 to learn about their pioneer ancestor.
Due Date: flexible – would love to have at least a draft for July Reunion
- Decide on number of pages
- Flesh out outline
Last week I:
- Check with Kim on illustrations (I saw her first illustration and it is wonderful!)
- Get outline from Eric (Kim & I worked on Eric’s outline to combine somethings together)
Goals for this week:
Though I should probably work on “Key West” first, I’d like to get the illustration set for “Mary” so Kim can move forward on them as fast as she would like. And by working on the time line for the “Martin’s Cove” book that will help me to solidify the outline for “Mary.” So my goals are:
- Time Line of Mary Taylor’s Journey
- Decide number of pages and the illustrations for “Mary”
- Start transcribing “Key West”
I’ll report back next Monday on how I did. Do you have any projects in the works? I’d love to hear about them.